The Amateur Radio Club of Columbia County, Inc. sponsors VE Testing on the second Saturday of Odd Months.
The testing sessions begin at 9 AM and are held at the H2U Building located at 1305 Interstate Parkway, Augusta, GA 30909 which is behind Doctors Hospital. (Aerial Photo Below)
What to bring to the Test Session:
Quick List (details are below):
1. Pen and Pencil
2. Government Issued Photo ID
4. SSN or FRN
5. Copy of Current License to Submit if upgrading current license
6. Arrive 10 Minutes Early
1. All applicants should bring a pencil, pen or both.
2. All applicants must present a government issued photo identification. If an applicant is already licensed, he/she must bring a copy of his/her current license to be included in paperwork sent to ARRL/VEC.
3. The fee for testing is $15.00 cash or check made out to ARCCC, Inc.
4. Applicants must submit their FCC Registration Number (FRN) or their Social Security Number (SSN) when completing the Form 605. It is recommended that all applicants use their FRN. If you do not have an FRN from another license issued by the FCC, you may register for and receive an FRN prior to taking the exam. You may register for an FRN here: FCC Registration
5. Copy of current license or a printed out “Official Copy” (not a Reference Copy) of your license to submit with your test if you are upgrading. You may log into the FCC ULS here to print out an Official Copy of your license to submit with your test. Reference Copies are not accepted.
6. Applicants should arrive at the testing location approximately 10 minutes early.
An applicant may use a simple calculator (one that cannot store data (ie. formulas). Scratch paper is provided.